peels

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by melba, May 21, 2002.

1. melba

melba Junior Member

I have a question for all current medical students. I am going to start medical school this fall and was wondering how you changed your sleeping habits once school began. I know in years 3 and 4, our sleeping pattern will really depend on what rotation is currently being done. But i was sort of also concerned about the 1st two years as well.

Did it take you guys some time to adjust to the vigors of medical school? How was your sleep affected? Should i start practicing getting less sleep now, so that i will be more used to it once classes begin? - - Nowadays, i usually get eight to eight and half hours of sleep (granted I am not partying or studying late) - - what is a good number for med school?? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rads

Rads Member
    7+ Year Member

Don't waste too much time worrying. Anyone who tells you that they stay up all night long to study is either lying or unintelligent.

You'll be fine.

4. Cody1MD

Cody1MD USF MPH/DrPH
    10+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    As long as u get between 5 and 8 hours worth of sleep a night u'll be fine. The only time you will be deprived of sleep would be during the week before block exams.

Good Luck!

5. doughboy

doughboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As long as you're organized somewhat, you shouldn't have a problem with sleep. Just make good use of your time. It only takes a couple weeks to adjust your sleeping habits anyway. Plus, if your med school is like most of the ones in the country then you'll probably skip classes to study or sleep in because the notes and exam material will be thorough enough.