Peer review for solo pathologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arctic Char

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone knows of a third party service a solo-practicing pathologist could utilize for the purpose of surgical pathology peer review/QA?

I called CAP and they didn't seem to have any advice. Should I try a reference lab?

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance for any help our guidance

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious if anyone knows of a third party service a solo-practicing pathologist could utilize for the purpose of surgical pathology peer review/QA?

I called CAP and they didn't seem to have any advice. Should I try a reference lab?

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance for any help our guidance
Are there any other local solo guys near you. I am a solo guy and I have a solo buddy who does this for me.

No other solo folks, but other practices. I suppose I could inquire, but it may be a little tacky (local politics). glad to know that is an option you utilize. thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any other local solo guys near you. I am a solo guy and I have a solo buddy who does this for me.
I second this. Local is best, reach out to other path guys/gals in area, regardless of politics.

Artic Char, you can send them to my partner and I. We are just two, but what the hell. I'll help you out.

Solo guys/gals:

What is your practice like? How does it work?

Do you have a small lab and make all the slides yourself? Do slides just get sent to you?

This sounds interesting to me. I'm curious to see how it's set up.

Do you do well? Is it a ton of effort doing everything yourself?

@Thumpar:

Yes I make my own slides in my igloo and sometimes me and the gals all go out and stick spears in little seals. From baby seal tears we make slides and put the tissues and assorted answers on them. Quite a great set up. We do great, plenty of blubber to go around and we even send half the blubber off to the guberment. Hope it all makes sense to you.