Penn DVM Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjsmit1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I will be attending an interview at UPenn in the upcoming week and was wondering if anyone who has gone through their interview process has any advice? What type of questions they ask (Behavioral, ethical, or more personal based on the applicaiton?)
Any information and advice about the UPenn program would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

If you have an early interview for UPenn is that a good sign? Like do they like to see the best first? I'm just curious

Members don't see this ad :)
Just asking for a friend! Thank you so much for your advice!

A friend. Ok.

Look, point is: If you have an early slot and you're wanting to think "oooooo, I've got a better chance because I'm better than the people after me" - that's an inappropriate way to be thinking about future colleagues. You aren't better than them.

If you have a later slot and you're feeling inadequate/insecure and thinking "geeez, I'm not gonna get in 'cause I'm last and I suck" - that's an inappropriate way to be thinking about yourself. You're good enough and you can do it.

Just be confident but not cocky, don't worry about everyone else, do your best, and let the chips fall.

(And I don't know about Penn, but I would be very surprised if order matters. It certainly doesn't where I went to school. So the question is probably pointless anyway.)

Reactions: 9 users
In the email they sent to us, they worded it as if they interviewed the least qualified first (sorry but I'm not sure exactly how to word this). Regardless, at least you got an interview though. Congrats! If you go into the Penn 2021 thread there's a variety of opinions on how they interview. It appears that if you said your interest was SA, you were notified at the beginning with LA being the last week. I said research so I have no clue when or if we'll be notified. All of this is just speculation though. I would go to the thread that mht2k3 linked above and look there though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How did the interviews go for those that had them this year?

I graduated from PennVet in 2014. There's no real order to how they interview. I had an interview in early December and receive an acceptance the week after but lots of my classmates had interviews spread out across the interview period.

My interview was personal and based on my application, very conversational, but it depends on who you have interviewing you. Some of my classmates had different interviews experiences. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user