Penn interview before or after Dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

runner1031

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interviewing at Penn and have the option to do it in late Nov or the first week if Dec - do you think it is important to get in before Dec 1st? Any advice would be great!!
- and I asked the office person what she thought from her experience, but she had only been there a year and had no clue...I am leaning towards after the Dec 1st date only because I have finals the Nov week - but if people think that it is better to go before I would def. consider it!

Thanks
 
i was in a similar predicament as u. i got an invite mid october and wen i called, they had spots for mid november n then december. i chose the mid november, nov16 to be precise coz i thot i may jus squeeze in for Dec1 consideration. but u neva know. follow ur instincts. thats wat i did. i hav exams the same time as the interview but i jus thot that this is wat i needed to do....
 
Of course it is hard for anyone other than the adcoms to say for sure, but I think if you think you will be better prepared and on top of your "game" then I would do the latter date. It is very unlikely they fill the class before the 1st. But then again I found my experience at UPenn to be pretty chill, so I guess it is just personal preference.