Penn interview before or after Dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runner1031

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interviewing at Penn and have the option to do it in late Nov or the first week if Dec - do you think it is important to get in before Dec 1st? Any advice would be great!!
- and I asked the office person what she thought from her experience, but she had only been there a year and had no clue...I am leaning towards after the Dec 1st date only because I have finals the Nov week - but if people think that it is better to go before I would def. consider it!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i was in a similar predicament as u. i got an invite mid october and wen i called, they had spots for mid november n then december. i chose the mid november, nov16 to be precise coz i thot i may jus squeeze in for Dec1 consideration. but u neva know. follow ur instincts. thats wat i did. i hav exams the same time as the interview but i jus thot that this is wat i needed to do....

Of course it is hard for anyone other than the adcoms to say for sure, but I think if you think you will be better prepared and on top of your "game" then I would do the latter date. It is very unlikely they fill the class before the 1st. But then again I found my experience at UPenn to be pretty chill, so I guess it is just personal preference.