1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Penn or Columbia

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by BigRedDentist, Dec 8, 2005.

1. BigRedDentist

BigRedDentist Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and I was just wondering what everyones choice would be between Columbia and Penn as I have to make the decision pretty soon. I am making a list comparing all the positives and negatives but it really is very close. Eventually I think I would like to do oral surgery. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. greenday

greenday Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

It doesn't matter where you go if you wanna do OS. It's not the deadest specialty to apply to at this moment. Either school would probably get you in without much effort.

However, my major concern is the area and school atmosphere. If only Columbia SDOS is next to the undergraduate campus that would have made the decision a lot easier. At my interviews, I also noticed that Columbia students are a lot more stressed than Penn's.
    Now I'm leaning 80% towards Penn but my parents are pushing me to Columbia. I doubt I wanna live in true New York fashion for four years, unless I get a hot roommate :love:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. v&andy_yankee

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    i vote for the "search" function.
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=244360&highlight=columbia+upenn

4. BigRedDentist

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My parents are basically saying the same thing. I like the feel of Penn's campus a lot more with the undergrads on it. Plus, the vet school is across the street if you really do want a hot roommate.

5. BigRedDentist

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental