Penn rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeAmCommi

Los Angeles Smog
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's amazing. Upenn just completed my application within the week and I received a rejection letter today. Are they that fast?

Members don't see this ad.

ouch. And it's not like you have bad statistics. I mean 3.43 and 22~23 DAT scores should get you in most decent dental schools.

EyeAmCommi said:
It's amazing. Upenn just completed my application within the week and I received a rejection letter today. Are they that fast?

Yes, they're fast. Sorry to hear about your rejection, I honestly have no clue what is going on in the admissions office and what they are looking for in applicants as I can't seem to discern any pattern this year. You do have great stats and I am confident that one lucky school has your name on a seat. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
INFNITE said:
ouch. And it's not like you have bad statistics. I mean 3.43 and 22~23 DAT scores should get you in most decent dental schools.

If only I wasn't an engineering major at the onset of college. I would have had a 3.7+ GPA, that would have gotten me looked at a little longer :laugh:

Sprgrover said:
Yes, they're fast. Sorry to hear about your rejection, I honestly have no clue what is going on in the admissions office and what they are looking for in applicants as I can't seem to discern any pattern this year. You do have great stats and I am confident that one lucky school has your name on a seat. :thumbup:

But I live in California!...That's a long way for that rejection letter to travel. :laugh: Thanks for the encouragement. I think it's the secondary that did me in probably. I didn't proofread it enough times.

EyeAmCommi said:
But I live in California!...That's a long way for that rejection letter to travel. :laugh: Thanks for the encouragement. I think it's the secondary that did me in probably. I didn't proofread it enough times.
That couldn’t have been it because trust me my answers would have made a high school student blush. After I re-read them I couldn’t believe that I had written that.

i agree with sprgrover,

i am sure you will get into other dental schools...what was your science gpa? because your overall of 3.43 is pretty strong.

EyeAmCommi said:

EyeAmCommi said:

Thanks, I won't apply there next year. They are one of the most expensive ones too. When did you take the DAT? How much trig was on it? That is what I'm partially not prepared for yet. I took it so many years ago. :eek:

EyeAmCommi said:
You scared that hell out of me. My primary application got sent out a week early than you, and I also have similar stat as you. UPenn just cashed my check two days ago and i have a feeling that I am going to receive my first rejection letter, which is from Penn, soon. :)

As I have mentioned in other posts, I believe that Penn cares more about GPA than DAT scores. Which is why I, with a 3.3 GPA got rejected, inspite of 22+ DAT. This theory of mine definitely holds a bit of water considering that the people who got rejected shared some charesteristics with me....low gpa, high dat.

yup they definitely value GPA a lot more than DAT scores but its fine, every school has it's own criteria and standards.. don't give up eyeamcommi, w/ ur scores u'll definitely get in to a lot of dental schools!

raZ10 said:
yup they definitely value GPA a lot more than DAT scores but its fine, every school has it's own criteria and standards.. don't give up eyeamcommi, w/ ur scores u'll definitely get in to a lot of dental schools!

ugh...just sent in my upenn supp yesteday, my gpa totally sucks so guess there goes $60,

dang if i have to reapply next year....I'm gonna be broke!

Thanks you guys for the moral support. The first rejection always bites... I'm gonna spend extra time on my UCSF secondary and hope that I don't saying anything outright stupid.

EyeAmCommi said:
Thanks you guys for the moral support. The first rejection always bites... I'm gonna spend extra time on my UCSF secondary and hope that I don't saying anything outright stupid.

Sure :D

EyeAmCommi said:

I just got the rejection from UPenn too. At least you only waited for one week, I waited for four months. I wonder why it takes them so long?

Best of luck!