Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VoiceofReason

all i care about is money
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just today received an email from Penn State informing me that my application is just now completed, and will be reviewed. Jesus-tap-dancing Christ, is this some kind of mistake? Should I call someone about this?

melissainsd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just today received an email from Penn State informing me that my application is now complete. Jesus-tap-dancing Christ, is this some kind of mistake? Should I call someone about this?

Wow. That sucks. When did you turn in your app?

VoiceofReason

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All my stuff had been sent in and surely received by early october.

RLDU2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent all my stuff in early Nov and was complete a week and a half ago, so yes it takes a long time, but seems like yours took a little longer than usual. I would give them a call if you are concerned! (the girl who answers the phone is really nice!)

VoiceofReason

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am indeed out of state. The next obvious question is, of course, is there any chance at all I could get an interview? :confused:

tp709

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am indeed out of state. The next obvious question is, of course, is there any chance at all I could get an interview? :confused:

yes, definitely. They review you as soon as you are complete, and you should find out either way soon.

K

kurlyque

When I called them in December they said that when you receive a complete email it means your application has been pulled for review. A decision is made quickly after you receive that email. I received mine two weeks later. Good luck!

Raist05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got that email a few days ago and I've been complete since September. They followed up with a nice little letter about how my application has been put into some "continue to review" file. Whatever that means. Thanks but no thanks.

xcdance

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I got my email that verified my application was complete, in the middle of January, I got invited to interview within the week. I just interviewed on Monday (2/5).

IUHoosier21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewed on 12/22, got snail mail on Monday saying I was on the "hold list." ...Not sure how much movement there will be on the waitlist this year as they are trimming down their class size a little bit from last year (150 --> 135?). Good luck to all.

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still not complete there...and I submitted by early November at the latest. Whenever I call, they tell me they are way behind, but that it goes really fast once you are complete. Good luck!