Quantcast

Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
has anyone been rejected or offered an interview from Penn State? just wondering cos' they sent me a decision letter through snail mail yesterday.

Explosivo

blah!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by a decision letter? I got a "hold for interview" letter. I think they sent out a bunch of those.

What letter did they send you?

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like Penn State has gone through their first batch of applications. If only my LOR's could magically appear there ASAP.

What was your "decision letter?"

clittle1981

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the interview invite about a week ago, my roommate did as well. I am a VA resident from a rural area and attend a school that is well respected by PSU (Lehigh U.), so that might have helped. I don't know, this process is very random. My roommate is a reapplicant from NJ who graduated from Lehigh last year and is working in a lab for the year; she did not previously apply to PSU. I don't want to offend anyone by posting our stats so I won't unless you really want me to. If it makes you feel any better, I have heard that PSU starts pulling some people off the "hold for interview" list in February, so some people from the list do get interviews. but I am not a pre-med advisor, so don't quote me on it though. Good luck!

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was put on hold for an interview. i do not know what to think about this letter. should i see it as a rejection letter and move on? or should i keep sending them stuff to improve my file?

i think a question i wanna ask is....has anyone received a rejection letter from penn state?