Penn vs Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overall, would you recommend:

• University of Pennsylvania

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Columbia University

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

mochademic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It sort of sounds like the ultimate death-match, but... I've read reviews of both Penn and Columbia, and I'm still undecided (both seem to have some fairly significant cons). I've been admitted to both and I'm leaning towards Penn, but I'm worried about how incompetent the administration has been described as. I attended Bryn Mawr for undergrad and had part of my GPA butchered by administrative mistakes, so I'm really looking for a department that's on the ball. Between these two programs, which has the more organized, helpful set of advisors, resources, etc? Any advice would be super. :)

Ah, and I'm applying for the post-bacc programs, not for the special sciences--I haven't taken any science since high school and therefore need to start from the beginning.

Thanks,

M

Members don't see this ad.

True. UPenn's administration has undergone some scrutiny; however, it is a new administration who is orienting themselves every day to Penn's program. Also, Penn's program also only takes 50 or so students for the pre-health program compared to Columbia's 100+ and Penn's classes are reserved for only post bac students. From that standpoint, seems like Penn would have more individual attention. My two cents. BOth great programs.