Penn vs NCSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KryptoniteGrl

UPenn Veterinary School Class of 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I just got pulled off the waitlist for NCSU OOS, but have been accepted to my IS at Penn. What are your opinions on the pros and cons of each school?

Members don't see this ad.

your tuition would be only about $1,000 cheaper at UPenn ... but living expenses would be much less in NC ... so depending on whether you were going to live at home etc. etc. I'd actually do the math out and figure out which is a better option $$ wise! That being said I guess you could consider the campuses and cities for pros/cons but again that's really personal preference ... the education at both schools is great either way! Good luck with your decision :)

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied to NCSU you could get in state tuition after your first year. That would make your 4 years of school at NCSU cost a little over 1 year at Penn.

I'm about to graduate from penn, I love penn, but as someone who just had to do their exit loan counseling from penn... I would seriously seriously think carefully about NCSU!!!

Reactions: 1 users
When I applied to NCSU you could get in state tuition after your first year. That would make your 4 years of school at NCSU cost a little over 1 year at Penn.

I'm about to graduate from penn, I love penn, but as someone who just had to do their exit loan counseling from penn... I would seriously seriously think carefully about NCSU!!!

Coming from a PennWe, even....:laugh:

Reactions: 1 users