People getting interviews..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PupDogGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are getting interviews, did you take time off after your bachelor's, and if so, how much time? For those of you who are applying while in college, how old are you? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 27. NO time off :) Well except for the partying years between 18 and 22 lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I am 32 (old man!!) and I graduated 8 years ago and I have worked in the health care industry since graduation.

I am 26! Since undergrad, I taught for 2 years, worked for a non-profit, completed 2 masters degrees (was not planned, just worked out that way) and am now working as a research assistant while I apply! I wouldn't worry too much about age as about feeling sure about your research interests. Although, maybe I should wait until I have an offer before saying that! :)

I'm 23 and I took 2 years off after undergrad to do research as a research assistant.

I was "forced" to take time off after my bachelor's because I was not accepted to any of the three PhD programs I applied to. Looking back on it, I'm glad it happened, because I finished my undergrad research thesis after graduating and I hated every step of it. I have worked as a case manager for a local agency since graduating several months ago, and I've learned so much there about helping others than I ever could have imagined. I'm getting many interviews at PsyD programs, and I'm so much more pleased with them than I ever could have been with PhD programs.

PupDogGirl said:
For those of you who are getting interviews, did you take time off after your bachelor's, and if so, how much time? For those of you who are applying while in college, how old are you? Thanks!

I'm a senior right now and applying. I just turned 21 too. However, at the end of this semester, I will have 2.5 years research experience in a cognition lab and 1.5 years and an honor's thesis in a neuropsychology lab.