Per Diem Work

Started by Blklabguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blklabguy

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I would like other peoples opinions on something: I have been throwing around the idea of picking up some per diem hours outside of my 40 hours a week at my ortho outpatient clinic.

My question is (and I know its going to depend on location, setting, experience, etc.) but what rate should I request or expect in say, the homecare setting, nursing home, outpatient clinic? Anyone have any expericences or could give me some advice on how to negotiate a better rate?

Thanks in advance...
 
It does depends on location. In NYC you can probably work per diem in a hospital for 60/hour. outpt ortho, probably 40-50/hour. Home care closer to 65-75/hour. Location and setting makes a huge difference.