Percent correct when you started Q-bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't started reviewing for Step 1, but I just took a few 50-set question blocks on Q-bank and got in the 50%-ile range (52-56-50-54).

Where did most people start? I know this probably means nothing, but I am just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started out lower, and ended up usually above 60%. I think its a great starting point. Don't worry too much. I haven't taken the exam yet (June 4th), I've done all of qbank, some first aid, and lots of Goljan. I'm going to take NBME 3 tomorrow and report back.

did the first 1200 along with systems in Path class - usually 20, untimed, tutor -- 75%

the last 500, random, timed, but 20-25 question blocks - 80%

still 500 more to go (hopefully will do these 50 timed, and ofcourse random)

When I took step 1 and step 2 ck, I found the sample tests at nrmp to be pretty close to what I scored on the actual tests.

I started Kaplan Q-bank in the mid 50's and now i'm scoring in the high 60-mid 70 range.

If you're in the mid-50s pre-studying you are golden. Well done my friend.

Someone told me one time (and I remember alot of classmates seeming to think it was reasonable after taking the exam) that if you were consistently above 60% on KQbank that you were going to easily pass the exam and likely do decently well.

It does highlight a VITAL piece of information required to master all steps of the USMLE. Even if you are doing well on the test you are going to miss questions frequently and you have to get used to that. During M1/2 alot of us essentially studied to get every question right. You cannot take this attitude with Step1, you must be ready to laugh at questions, guess "C" and move on.