Percentage of established doctors who marry their med school students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funshine

at the fateful hour
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious :D

I think it would be nice to marry an already-established doctor who has a steady flow of income while I slave away at residency.

Of course, female med school students aren't usually at the top of the "desirable wives" list

sigh

anecdotal evidence welcome

Members don't see this ad.

I heard of a medical student that married her professor and then became a housewife, never practicing medicine. To each his/her own, but kind of a waste of a medical education if you ask me.

I certainly wouldn't mind being an older established doctor in a few years that wifes a hot young med student. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I would marry a doctor, male or female, provided they pay for my medical school.

I plan on marrying my girlfriend, and she is a physician. However, I would still be looking forward to marrying her if she worked at McDonalds.

funshine said:

I think it would be nice to marry an already-established doctor who has a steady flow of income while I slave away at residency.

Of course, female med school students aren't usually at the top of the "desirable wives" list

sigh

anecdotal evidence welcome

i am now convinced

(that you come up with these threads drunk :laugh: )

eralza said:
I plan on marrying my girlfriend, and she is a physician. However, I would still be looking forward to marrying her if she worked at McDonalds.
u big mac junkie
u just want hookups!

funshine said:

Ah, now this is hot: appealing to both my teacher/student fantasy and my medical fetish. :D
Seriously though, I did read (somewhere) that 50% of docs marry other docs but that more male docs are married than female docs.

DieselPetrolGrl said:
i am now convinced

(that you come up with these threads drunk :laugh: )

:laugh: actually, this is finals week at my school and i have a bunch of take-home exams to do in the lib.

but yes, tonight, i finish, and i will be looking forward to a night of general drunkenness and related activities :D

thx pineapple girl, good to know i am not the only one with this fetish =)