Percentage of time doing procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qwest

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I just started 4th year and still do not have a good idea as to what I want to do. This worries me as we don't have a lot of blocks to try several fields before application time starts.

I'm looking for a specialty where a significant proportion of my time is spent doing procedures (invasive). So the areas I'm considering are: interventional cardiology/radiology and anesthesia.

For the anesthesiologists out there, could you comment on this? If i'm a procedure-oriented type of guy who wants a decent/good lifestyle w/o spending 8 yrs in residency, is anesthesiology a good fit?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Qwest said:
Hey guys-

I just started 4th year and still do not have a good idea as to what I want to do. This worries me as we don't have a lot of blocks to try several fields before application time starts.

I'm looking for a specialty where a significant proportion of my time is spent doing procedures (invasive). So the areas I'm considering are: interventional cardiology/radiology and anesthesia.

For the anesthesiologists out there, could you comment on this? If i'm a procedure-oriented type of guy who wants a decent/good lifestyle w/o spending 8 yrs in residency, is anesthesiology a good fit?

Thanks!

do a rotation.

anesthesia is not so much about doing procedures as it is about allowing for other people to do procedures.