Percentage of time doing procedures?

Started by Qwest
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qwest

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys-

I just started 4th year and still do not have a good idea as to what I want to do. This worries me as we don't have a lot of blocks to try several fields before application time starts.

I'm looking for a specialty where a significant proportion of my time is spent doing procedures (invasive). So the areas I'm considering are: interventional cardiology/radiology and anesthesia.

For the anesthesiologists out there, could you comment on this? If i'm a procedure-oriented type of guy who wants a decent/good lifestyle w/o spending 8 yrs in residency, is anesthesiology a good fit?

Thanks!
 
Qwest said:
Hey guys-

I just started 4th year and still do not have a good idea as to what I want to do. This worries me as we don't have a lot of blocks to try several fields before application time starts.

I'm looking for a specialty where a significant proportion of my time is spent doing procedures (invasive). So the areas I'm considering are: interventional cardiology/radiology and anesthesia.

For the anesthesiologists out there, could you comment on this? If i'm a procedure-oriented type of guy who wants a decent/good lifestyle w/o spending 8 yrs in residency, is anesthesiology a good fit?

Thanks!

do a rotation.

anesthesia is not so much about doing procedures as it is about allowing for other people to do procedures.