Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Perfect Solution For MCAT Score Anxiety.......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jamier2, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

There are two clear solutions for this problem which faces all pre-meds at one point or another.

1. Don't take the stupid test. (OK, so this one is lame) ;)

2. Here's my proposal for the release of the MCAT scores such that we who took it won't mind waiting. Send them out by composite score starting with the lowest first.

This way, you'll be hoping not to recieve your scores. I think my plan would greatly reduce the anxiety felt by all MCAT takers.

What do you guys think? I, for one, would just love it if waiting longer meant that I did that much better.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I find that threatening to slap other SDN members relieves my MCAT anxiety ;)

4. Jamier2

Come on into the chat and show me your trout! :)

Seriously, there are several folks in there right now.

5. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I can just see it...

Jamie's "suggestion" soon becomes pre-med fact, an Urban Legend if you will. Students around the world are certain, swearing on stacks of the Good Book, that MCAT scores are sent out in order of score, early = "Would you like fries with that?".

6. Jamier2

I never even thought of that Kimberli. I guess I should change my original post to say that this is what the AAMC office told me when I called or something. Too bad I didn't think of it. ;)

7. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow.... suggestions for AMCAS.... It's hard enough for us to get a hold of them let alone take in suggestions.... :D

Don't worry... those MCAT's will soon arrive.... I wonder if you guys are still in the chatroom?! :cool:

8. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My my...aren't we the deceitful trout slapping one?! Well, if the "fact" appears on urbanlegends.com I'll know where it started! :D