Perfect Solution For MCAT Score Anxiety.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamier2

SDN Hillbilly Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are two clear solutions for this problem which faces all pre-meds at one point or another.

1. Don't take the stupid test. (OK, so this one is lame) ;)

2. Here's my proposal for the release of the MCAT scores such that we who took it won't mind waiting. Send them out by composite score starting with the lowest first.

This way, you'll be hoping not to recieve your scores. I think my plan would greatly reduce the anxiety felt by all MCAT takers.

What do you guys think? I, for one, would just love it if waiting longer meant that I did that much better.

Members don't see this ad.

I find that threatening to slap other SDN members relieves my MCAT anxiety ;)

Come on into the chat and show me your trout! :)

Seriously, there are several folks in there right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can just see it...

Jamie's "suggestion" soon becomes pre-med fact, an Urban Legend if you will. Students around the world are certain, swearing on stacks of the Good Book, that MCAT scores are sent out in order of score, early = "Would you like fries with that?".

I never even thought of that Kimberli. I guess I should change my original post to say that this is what the AAMC office told me when I called or something. Too bad I didn't think of it. ;)

Wow.... suggestions for AMCAS.... It's hard enough for us to get a hold of them let alone take in suggestions.... :D

Don't worry... those MCAT's will soon arrive.... I wonder if you guys are still in the chatroom?! :cool:

Originally posted by Jamier2:
•I never even thought of that Kimberli. I guess I should change my original post to say that this is what the AAMC office told me when I called or something. Too bad I didn't think of it. ;)

My my...aren't we the deceitful trout slapping one?! Well, if the "fact" appears on urbanlegends.com I'll know where it started! :D