Perfusionist applicant stats?

Started by gsrimport
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gsrimport

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I wanted to know if there are any perfusionists, perfusion students or perfusion applicants on this site. I have looked over a few programs for my wife and on www.perfusion.com and it mentions that minimum GPAs range from 2.5-2.75. I would like to know what kind of GPA would make a competitive applicant in the perfusion programs. Thank you.
 
gsrimport said:
Hi,

I wanted to know if there are any perfusionists, perfusion students or perfusion applicants on this site. I have looked over a few programs for my wife and on www.perfusion.com and it mentions that minimum GPAs range from 2.5-2.75. I would like to know what kind of GPA would make a competitive applicant in the perfusion programs. Thank you.

i met a girl last semester who got into the perfusion program at texas heart institute. she had a BS and her prereq GPA was like a 3.5

other than her i have not met anyone else. ive heard that many applicants have prior medical experience such as OR nurses and RT's.