Permit disappeared

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amashino

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if permit disappears before scores are out still means anything ?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know if permit disappears before scores are out still means anything ?

That's what I was wondering. My permit link disappeared this morning, which is 18 days post test date. I do expect to receive my result on Wednesday. The consensus is, once your permit link disappears, it means you're getting your result on the upcoming Wednesday, so two more days to go for me. But in terms of what it means, there are a few theories:

1- That you have passed Step 1 since your permit link has disappeared and you no longer need it. This has been the main argument but considering that majority of people taking Step 1 do pass it, the argument may not necessarily be true. Majority of people whose links have disappeared WILL pass the exam, and those who fail may keep silent, so since there is no official statement about the permit disappearance, we will just have to wait and see. I am borderline myself. I took the test at a stage where I wasn't prepared enough and there is a good chance I may have failed, so if I do, I will post my experience here.

2- That it doesn't mean anything other than your score being released the upcoming Wednesday. There are people saying they "heard" someone failed even though their permit link disappeared, but I haven't come across any first person posts suggesting this.

I know we all want to derive meaning out of little things at this point since the wait is horrible and the only thing we have is the IWA website and what they do on it, but I guess the only thing we can do is to wait and see.