perosnal statement help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublehh03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what did some of u guys put for "how does the Pharm D help your immediate and long term goals?"

can u put like family as one of the reasons?

Members don't see this ad.

doublehh03 said:
what did some of u guys put for "how does the Pharm D help your immediate and long term goals?"

If you can't answer this from a "personal" view, then why are you choosing pharmacy?

ForcedEntry is right, this should be a personal response to you. There is no "right" answer that AdComs are looking for. The question wants to know WHY you are choosing Pharmacy, and what your goals are in the future. An example of a good longterm goal might be "to gain my PharmD degree and use it to pursue a career in the _______ (Retail, Clinical, etc) field of Pharmacy so that I may be in a position to help patients and even the community as a whole (if in a small town) through the use of .....etc".

You could use family I suppose, but it'd be tough to work it in there properly. I'm not quite sure what you mean by family anyways. If you say your longterm goal is to raise a family, then the PharmD isn't really a precursor to that. You could talk about how the financial stability afforded by a PharmD helps, but then you're only saying that you want it for the money.

Bottom line: You should be looking at this question and looking inside yourself and trying to figure out why YOU (nobody else, no outside influences) are pursuing this career. What do you expect to gain from it, and what do you expect to put into it. What do you want for youself in the future? How will this help?

Hope this was of some help to you. I'm at the tailend of a 14hr shift so I'm somewhat groggy not to mention I just got a mild concussion last night. Let me know how you make out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had another ps question but didnt think we needed another whole thread on it, so I'll just add to this one ...
are quotes too cliche for personal statements? ... or are they a good addition?

penguins429 said:
I had another ps question but didnt think we needed another whole thread on it, so I'll just add to this one ...
are quotes too cliche for personal statements? ... or are they a good addition?

depends on the context and amount

doublehh03 said:

I think it says professional immediate and long term goals.