You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Personal Bags in the OR
Started by Iso4ane
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My daughters bought me a metal briefcase last year to replace a very old leather one that one daughter called my MRSA briefcase. I have pens, stethoscope, iPhone charger, badges, deodorant , and some papers for current issues with the group in it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pens, multi tool, ACLS/PALS cards, Eschmann stylet, mouthguards, phone charger, stethoscope.
Laptop, phone charger, pens
D
deleted87051
Chips, salsa, queso, guac. Then hang the drapes real high.
Do you guys use laptops during some cases? One of the pp attendings I rotated in med school would bring his MacBook during the case
I no longer use a bag, but when I did I kept an iPad and iphone/ipad charger in it. Stethoscope and thyroid shield. Also any hard copies of papers I wanted to read at some point. When it was during ITE season as a resident I kept ACE exam printouts as they were easy to casually take.
Chips, salsa, queso, guac. Then hang the drapes real high.
Can you only crunch when the bovie's running?
D
deleted87051
Can you only crunch when the bovie's running?
Yep+music+Neptune+laser+bair hugger+loud surgeon
Last edited by a moderator:
Personal bags in the OR? Probably for all the ketamine you guys give
D
deleted87051
Personal bags in the OR? Probably for all the ketamine you guys give
I was on a mission trip in Mexico 2 years ago. We had a big despondent 11yo who wouldn’t come back to the OR or let go of his mother (very unusual btw). We didn’t bring any ketamine so I asked one of the Mexican anesthesia residents who was helping our team if he knew where we could get some. He pulled a vial out of his backpack. Problem solved.
phone charger, ipad, notebook, stethoscope, emergency sugammadex (our OR pyxis doesnt stock them), gum, portable sound speaker, pens.
D
deleted171991
It probably wasn't much different here before the "war" on drugs.I was on a mission trip in Mexico 2 years ago. We had a big despondent 11yo who wouldn’t come back to the OR or let go of his mother (very unusual btw). We didn’t bring any ketamine so I asked one of the Mexican anesthesia residents who was helping our team if he knew where we could get some. He pulled a vial out of his backpack. Problem solved.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Laptops very common among the academic attendings during my residency. Lots of Macbooks. I myself am a large screen smartphone guy.Do you guys use laptops during some cases? One of the pp attendings I rotated in med school would bring his MacBook during the case
Yep+music+Neptune+laser+bair hugger+loud surgeon
Neptune is key to any good OR snack session...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 1K