rtcmurr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
Status
Is the personal essay something that you include on your AADSAS application? Should I wait to write it until the 2006 application comes out in May or can I write it now? Are there specific questions that need to be answered on the personal essay? Where can I find out more information about this?

Thanks.

laurasmith

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Status
rtcmurr said:
Is the personal essay something that you include on your AADSAS application? Should I wait to write it until the 2006 application comes out in May or can I write it now? Are there specific questions that need to be answered on the personal essay? Where can I find out more information about this?

Thanks.
In my opinion it is better to have your essay ready. I don't exactly remember what the topic was but I wrote about my life, my ineterests and why I decided to go to the dental field. The website is http://www.adea.org/AADSAS

I hope it helps.

Nendo21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
laurasmith said:
In my opinion it is better to have your essay ready. I don't exactly remember what the topic was but I wrote about my life, my ineterests and why I decided to go to the dental field.

I hope it helps.
write it now and revise it till may this is important coz one morning you might wake up and hate your essay, so having enough time is great for knowing if the essay is everything you want it to be. also there is no specific question its a personal statement don't talk about your life unless you're going to connect it to dentistry and your passion for the profession in some way. your best bet is to talk about how you got interested in it but don't make it typical coz thats boring, write it from a different angle if your essay doesn't amuse you by the time you're done with it chances are it wont amuse the adcoms either...have your friends and relatives read it for extra feedback. good luck :thumbup: