Personal Essay question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Muscles00GT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the process of piecing together my 4500 character essay for PT. I know schools are looking for specific characteristics and all that. Is it ok to use specific examples? For instance, can I reference a brief statement from a book/author that I feel portrays my philosophy? I'm not sure if this is TOO specific or what, so I figured I'd ask. If not, I guess I'll just stick to talking about personal characteristics and how I feel they will shape me into a great PT. thanks in advance. 👍
 
You definitely want to stand out with your essay and your idea sounds unique so it's worth a try. Just have several people read it once you are done to make sure it's works. There certainly isn't a checklist of characteristics they are looking for you to cover.