Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all would appreciate any insight/ideas with regards to personal loans during training.
My story, I’m an pediatric anesthesia fellow that’s married with two kids. Crunching the numbers, I think we are gonna burn through the rest of our savings in the next couple months or so. I knew it’d be close during my one year fellowship but we’ve had some stuff crop up this year that’s accelerated our downward trajectory (surgery for one of our children, chronic medical costs for the same child that amounts to about $500 dollars per month, pet issues, car problems, etc). I’m in the process of setting up locums anesthesia to hopefully start in the next couple months, but wanted to have a back up plan if this locums doesn’t come through or gets delayed. I’ve been googling personal loans and doctors personal loans through either USAA (who most of our insurance stuff is through) or Suntrust (who we bank through). We are probably looking for about 5k for the rest of the year to be safe without early payback fees. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
I have a job lined up to start this summer that will pay 350k with 10k starting bonus, but unfortunately I can’t receive the bonus til 30 days after starting at this new job.
My story, I’m an pediatric anesthesia fellow that’s married with two kids. Crunching the numbers, I think we are gonna burn through the rest of our savings in the next couple months or so. I knew it’d be close during my one year fellowship but we’ve had some stuff crop up this year that’s accelerated our downward trajectory (surgery for one of our children, chronic medical costs for the same child that amounts to about $500 dollars per month, pet issues, car problems, etc). I’m in the process of setting up locums anesthesia to hopefully start in the next couple months, but wanted to have a back up plan if this locums doesn’t come through or gets delayed. I’ve been googling personal loans and doctors personal loans through either USAA (who most of our insurance stuff is through) or Suntrust (who we bank through). We are probably looking for about 5k for the rest of the year to be safe without early payback fees. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
I have a job lined up to start this summer that will pay 350k with 10k starting bonus, but unfortunately I can’t receive the bonus til 30 days after starting at this new job.