Personal statement - 5300 characters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacksonchan85

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it 5300 characters INCLUDING SPACES or not?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

yes. including spaces.

Returns count as two characters as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Instead of indenting, you should put a space between your paragraphs. When the adcoms try to print out your app, it will be presented in one gigantic block without paragraphs unless you put spaces in between them.

Did anyone else do this?

I figured this out when I kept trying to print my app and got a tremendous block of writing instead of my nicely formatted essay. Believe me, a block or writing is worse than an essay that has spaces in between the paragraphs :)

It's almost like these forums - You think you are indenting, but when you submit, it all squishes together... It's worse when the sentences are long and then you can't tell where a thought ends :(
I indented here, but look, it is now squished with the above mini paragraph that starts with 'It's almost like...'

The first three parst of my response are what happens when you put the space in between the paragraphs -nicely spaced thoughts and agruments. Good Luck!

thanks for the responses guys!

happy new year! :)

Also, I had better luck with Internet Explorer as opposed to Netscape (or Mozilla) when actually entering and trying to view things on AMCAS.