Step III Personal Statement and mention of attempt

Started by doc0610
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doc0610

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

SO, I am sure everyone here would be busy, and this might be the right area to address this, but I didn't know where else to post this. SO, if anyone knows how to address the attempt in their PS and what points to cover, and what are they looking for. Any imput would be appreciated.

Thank you
 
Hey,

SO, I am sure everyone here would be busy, and this might be the right area to address this, but I didn't know where else to post this. SO, if anyone knows how to address the attempt in their PS and what points to cover, and what are they looking for. Any imput would be appreciated."

I am not a PD, but in my opinion you may not necessarily want to explain it in your PS. They may ask you during the interviews though. Build your CV to show you worked hard toward your goals (despite that), and I would assume it is better to write a PS showing your determination to work toward these goals too, explaining why it is your goals. Does that make sense? Just my opinion...
 
Hey OP,
I agree with Gingkobiloba. I would try my best to stay away from explaining any attempts because you might be bringing negative attention to your application. I mean they see all the attempts and they will ask you during the interview so should be ready. Whenever it comes up, just try to keep it positive and what you learned from it.
 
I would agree, do not bring anything up on your own that could be negative. Prepare an answer for interviews to come off positive but fully explain your attempt.