Personal Statement-Anyone needing help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also looking for some help on my personal statement, preferably from someone who has seen several PSs.

I'm a first time applicant but have a below average gpa so am looking to make my PS stand out. I feel that as it's written now it's not your normal, semi-boring PS and I'm hoping that's the case but in a positive way..

Anyone care to help?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also looking for some help on my personal statement, preferably from someone who has seen several PSs.

I'm a first time applicant but have a below average gpa so am looking to make my PS stand out. I feel that as it's written now it's not your normal, semi-boring PS and I'm hoping that's the case but in a positive way..

Anyone care to help?

I can read yours and when I am done with mine, I will send it to you as well.. Though it might take me a while, since I am studying for part 2 in the mean time as well.. Let me know if you still want someone to proof read your PS. ;)

Is anyone still helping with this? Mine could definitely use a few opinions especially since I have no idea what to do with it

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if there are still folks helping with this?

Is there anyone else willing to critique my personal statement too? I'm working on it now.
I'm also reapplying for the 2011 cycle.
Thanks!

I am free for next 6 months, so send me your PS and I will read and send it back to you.
PM me or email me.

ergh, my essay is way to long, i have so much to say, and my writing style is not that concise. and also learning of this new limit, im going to have to change my topic, because i was wanting to give like a personal journey type history.

once i finish mine, itll prolly be like 6000ish characters.

once i get it to be a little more finished, could i have someone take a look at it please?

Paying it forward, feel free to PM your statement if you guys want an opinion.

bumping this as I just finished another rough draft for my personal statement. Need help :D

feel free to PM your statement since I'm free as well :thumbup:

Hi, is the service still available please?
Anyone trustworthy?.... since my friend's PS got stolen by someone on here.... no offense
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone trustworthy?.... since my friend's PS got stolen by someone on here.... no offense Thanks

The service is still available. A "stolen" ps may not be of much value especially if it not well written.

Anyone trustworthy?.... since my friend's PS got stolen by someone on here.... no offense
Thanks

question: how did you know your friend's PS was stolen ?

I mean... its not like adcoms called you alllll the way into an interview just to show you that you had the same PS as someone else, thats a waste of thier/your time

if anyone needs an extra set of eyes for grammar, PM me.

Hey doc, are you still reading personal statements? I'm submitting soon, and I thought I'd see what impression a stranger would get from my essay.

hi doc. would you mind reading mine as well?
thanks~

Hi guys,
I have finished my ps and would like to get a few people who don't know me to read it and tell me what they think. My biggest concern about my ps is grammar and word choice. Would you be able to read through mine? If so let me know and I'll send it to you. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Morena

Is it OK to mention regarding a business aspect in your personal statement that shows you have had experience in business administation, management that can later help you when you open a practice?

Hi tej, I have a graduate degree in healthcare Management and also wrote about it in my personal statement. It was one of the reasons I did get the interviews I have now. I interviewed already with one D-school and my interviewer mentioned that having a business degree is very beneficial for dentists since almost all of them need business acumen to run those practices. I would def mention the business skills you have gained through education or otherwise. In my opinion having analytical thinking is a skill that separates you from the 100's of other people who have applied with a B.S in Biology. I was interviewed for approx 75 minutes...and I think it went really well, discussing insurances/business solutions in dentistry as well as highlighting my research experience.

Do you mind if you could take a look mine?

Would you also be able to read over mine??

hey doc!
i just completed my PS and got it checked by a few people, do you think you could take a look at it?

Send doc your personal statement as a private message and I think he'll look over it for you.

Hi Doc,

I sent you mine, but I don't know if you got it.

Thanks.

I also sent you mine doc toothache, don't know if you got it as well. Thanks. :)

Sent you mine Doc, hope you got it!

Anyone else willing to swap PS's? Not sure if anyone's still available this late in the game. But I appreciate all the help. First time applicant so I'm all ears. :)

Hi Doc

It's pretty late in the game but could you look over my PS? I'm having trouble on how to send it to you. How would I go about doing that?

I would also like to ask if someone would be willing to look at my personal statement. I am in the process of writing it and will be finished in a couple of weeks, so I would like to ask for your interest in helping me .
Thank you so much

Hey Doc,

I am not applying this year, but actually next summer. I am just trying to get a jumpstart on getting everything lined up. I sent you a PM with details. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

I would take my personal statement to an old professor (comp prof), to go over it with me and talk about some possible changes I could make.
The writing center on campus would be a good resource as well, as far as grammar and punctuation go.
I may also give my dentist a brief run down about what I have in it, ask if I'm lacking, or should include something that I may have forgot or didn't think seemed significant.

Is anyone on here still willing to read some personal statements for editing?

Could you please send me your personal statement? Im getting ready to send mine it but im kind of stuck as to what to write! thanks :)

Dear Doc toothache,

Is there any chance you would critique my personal statement in a few days? Thank you so much for your time and considerations!

Thats great that you do this man!! I am working on mine right now. I'll PM you for help.

Cheers

If anyone needs help I also do a pretty thorough review.

Doc, will you be able to read mine?

Doc, would you please read mine and tell me what you think?

I'm finishing up a post-bac and this is my one shot so I have to make it perfect.

Thanks,

Scott