Jul 19, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Is it ok for us to go over the character count of 4500 for the personal statement on PharmCAS? I have 4900 characters is that too much over?

alenadoma

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2008
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
Is it ok for us to go over the character count of 4500 for the personal statement on PharmCAS? I have 4900 characters is that too much over?

it's too much, you'll have to cut it. Look through your statement, I'm sure there are unnecessary words/phrases/sentences that can be cut out. I started out at almost 7000 characters last year, and I made it down to 4500. Good luck :)

About the Ads

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
Make sure you avoid things like "In my opinion" and such. Obviously, you're writing it, so it's your opinion, not someone else's. Those kinds of things can easily account for 200 or 300 words. Aside from that, just parse it down more. 4,500 character count is a very good amount of space for your PS... almost too much.

jasonbourne

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2009
CIA headquaters
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
Make sure you avoid things like "In my opinion" and such. Obviously, you're writing it, so it's your opinion, not someone else's. Those kinds of things can easily account for 200 or 300 words. Aside from that, just parse it down more. 4,500 character count is a very good amount of space for your PS... almost too much.

:thumbup:

Jul 15, 2009
Orange County
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
try rewriting your PS from scratch without looking (at all) at your original PS. compare the two and see which ideas you wanted to focus on so you can eliminate the rest

just some advice if you cant cut anything out

rxplz

10+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I was wondering if people usually indent their paragraphs a few spaces? My PS came out to be 4,499 characters, but I forgot to factor in spaces for indenting..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads