Personal Statement Character Limmit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How close were/are you to the P.S. character limmit?

• 4500+ Character limit, WTF?

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Exactly 4500 - What can I say... thats how i roll

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • x < 5 characters to spare - Danger's my middle name

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • 5-50 characters to spare - Let's just say people notice me

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 50-100 characters to spare - I can't think of a good closing sentence

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 100-500 characters to spare - What if i need to add something

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 500+ characters to sprare - What can I say... I'm not that Interesting!

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

jorUW

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to add a little fun to all of the seriousness :D

Members don't see this ad.

it says 4500 including spaces

Members don't see this ad :)
ryan85 said:
it says 4500 including spaces

Oh, i know... i guess there was a delay before I could post the poll. Beware, AADSAS seems to add a few more characters compared to what your Micorsoft Word might say.

polarnut said:
sorry, its not funny

Sorry to offend you Polarnut. Maybe my ranges were too narrow. I just know a lot of people stuggle with character limits on the ap. I could say the same about your bible verse in your sig line assuming you dont have it there as a representation of your faith.

my original draft that I used for the pre-health committee was way too long. I had to cut out like an entire paragraph to fit the requirement

jorUW said:
Sorry to offend you Polarnut. Maybe my ranges were too narrow. I just know a lot of people stuggle with character limits on the ap. I could say the same about your bible verse in your sig line assuming you dont have it there as a representation of your faith.

sorry i got you angry. i wasnt trying to be mean or anything just typing what i felt

polarnut said:
sorry i got you angry. i wasnt trying to be mean or anything just typing what i felt

likewise, friends? :oops:

Last cycle, I had just about the limit with very few characters (maybe 20) left.

Comet208 said:
Last cycle, I had just about the limit with very few characters (maybe 20) left.

Same here. ;) I remember thinking VERY carefully about each comma and thinking of shorter synonyms :D