Personal Statement Critique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lixii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for someone that would be willing to look over my personal statement for critique/advice. Just let me know and I'll send it to you.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
Send it over for review. I will take a look.
Thanks

:laugh: Exactly what are your qualifications to provide this invaluable service, other than having joined SDN yesterday and being willing to indiscriminately spam every thread where someone has asked for help on a personal statement over the past few months?

Why not just make one thread asking if anyone is willing to share their personal statement with you rather than posting in old threads under the guise of helping? For what it's worth, personal statement season is over for most people -- and certainly for anyone looking for help back in June! :laugh:

:laugh: Exactly what are your qualifications to provide this invaluable service, other than having joined SDN yesterday and being willing to indiscriminately spam every thread where someone has asked for help on a personal statement over the past few months?

Why not just make one thread asking if anyone is willing to share their personal statement with you rather than posting in old threads under the guise of helping? For what it's worth, personal statement season is over for most people -- and certainly for anyone looking for help back in June! :laugh:
I thought it was little suspicious, not to mention my primary app has already been submitted for over two months now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it was little suspicious, not to mention my primary app has already been submitted for over two months now!
I just hope no one is desperate or trusting enough to just blindly hand it over, at least not without knowing what the true motives are!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I just hope no one is desperate or trusting enough to just blindly hand it over, at least not without knowing what the true motives are!!
Wow! Do you think this person it trying to collect PS to sell/reuse?

Wow! Do you think this person it trying to collect PS to sell/reuse?
I'm not sure what is going on, but it's more than a little strange that a brand new member would jump right in by offering to review personal statements that are PMed to him in each of his first 9 posts. Maybe harvesting them to have a bunch of examples to base his own statement on, maybe using it to try to sell something else to the respondents, etc.

Definitely fishy, and it seems unlikely that a brand new member who doesn't know enough to realize that someone needing help in June is probably no longer in the market for assistance in August would actually be in a position to provide meaningful assistance. (There were eight identical posts, and I responded to each of them. The mods took OP's requests for the personal statements down, so it might look confusing now!)