Personal Statement Critique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justdandi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Would anybody be willing to read through and critique my personal statement?

I'm willing to critique yours in return. I have a degree in English, though I don't think it'll be very helpful -- I can write literary criticism, but am absolutely horrendous when it comes to personal essays. :)

Also, it's embarrassing and really terrible of me to be asking -- but it'd be wonderful if you could critique it within the next day or two. I'm really hoping to submit my application before the weekend. I realize that this is very, very late (I've been focusing all my attention on the DAT) -- and would really, truly appreciate any and all help!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello there,

I can offer my services (I'm applying this year but I sent my application in last week). I really enjoy critiquing these sort of stuff and have helped a bunch of my friends with college admissions. Feel free to PM me if you're comfortable with me reading it. (P.S. I'm a history major)

Hi.

Would anybody be willing to read through and critique my personal statement?

I'm willing to critique yours in return. I have a degree in English, though I don't think it'll be very helpful -- I can write literary criticism, but am absolutely horrendous when it comes to personal essays. :)

Also, it's embarrassing and really terrible of me to be asking -- but it'd be wonderful if you could critique it within the next day or two. I'm really hoping to submit my application before the weekend. I realize that this is very, very late (I've been focusing all my attention on the DAT) -- and would really, truly appreciate any and all help!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can help!
Just pm me your statement...

Thank you for all the offers! I'm revising my statement based on a critique, and will PM the revised statement ASAP.

Thank you for all the offers! I'm revising my statement based on a critique, and will PM the revised statement ASAP.

are you talking about my critique? :) hope I was helpful!