1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

Personal Statement - do or die?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by orangeman25, May 16, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. orangeman25

orangeman25 2+ Year Member

Sep 7, 2013
    somewhere down south
    I'm writing and editing my personal statement right now. Mine is decent but I have read some that have welled tears into my eyes! With that said, how important is the personal statement? Compared to MCAT, GPA, ECs, LORs, and and interview.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AndyQC

AndyQC

Mar 14, 2014
    My understanding is that the PS is generally less important than the factors listed above. I think LizzyM mentioned that it was very rare to come across a PS that stands out in a positive or in a negative way. Of course, it probably varies by school and even between individual adcom members, but I don't think it's anything you need to lose a lot of sleep over. Just do your best.

4. DK2014

DK2014 2+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I was asked about my personal statement at every one of my interviews.. so I'd say it is quite important.