Personal Statement... duhh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y

yjo2

Hi guys ,
I was just on AACOMAS and under "Personal Statement", what am i suppose to write about? Is this where we talk about why we want to be a DO or is that for secondary applications?

this may seem like a dumb question :confused:
but i decided to apply to DO at the last minute... and don't really know much about how to apply or how it all works. but yeah i want to get it done on time :scared:

THANKS!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

The personal statement is a chance for you to give the admissions people a better sense of what you are all about. You can also use it to clear up any discrepancies in your app. You can put in some things about why you want DO, but you can just address is as why you are choosing medicine.

KCOM has a great section of Do's and Don'ts fpr you personal statement
http://www.atsu.edu/kcom/admissions/preparing_DO_admission/personal_statement_tips.htm

Hi guys ,
I was just on AACOMAS and under "Personal Statement", what am i suppose to write about? Is this where we talk about why we want to be a DO or is that for secondary applications?

this may seem like a dumb question :confused:
but i decided to apply to DO at the last minute... and don't really know much about how to apply or how it all works. but yeah i want to get it done on time :scared:

THANKS!!!!!

If you already applied MD, you can use the same personal statement as you did in AMCAS, but you'll probably need to shorten it to meet the character limit in AACOMAS.

Save "why osteopathic medicine" for secondaries and interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you already applied MD, you can use the same personal statement as you did in AMCAS, but you'll probably need to shorten it to meet the character limit in AACOMAS.

Save "why osteopathic medicine" for secondaries and interviews.

yep, I did not say a word about "why D.O" in my secondary and copied my personal statement from AMCAS to AACOMAS.

yep, I did not say a word about "why D.O" in my ...*secondary*--should say *personal statement* i think... and copied my personal statement from AMCAS to AACOMAS.

Ditto!

Last edited: