Personal Statement Emphasis and research schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aleviya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been out of school for a year and working in the biotech industry. I was wondering if it is important for me to emphasize my work experience in my personal statement or to explain why I have waited a year before applying for pharmacy.

Also, does anyone know which schools are more geared towards research..other than UCSD.

Members don't see this ad.

How does your work experience relate to your desire to go to pharmacy school? How does it fit in with your short- and long-term goals? What do you like about your work? What's been challenging and how did you overcome the challenge?

Sure, I'd talk about it. Real world experience goes well with the PS. Good luck!

Thanks! Now I just have to find people willing to proof read my personal statement. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Aleviya,

I worked in the biotech industry too for 1 and a half yrs. But I spent a lot of time writing my PS and honestly it was very impressive. I got accepted in 3 schools. Now I am a P2 student. Do mention about your research/ experience. That is a plus.

aleviya said:
I have been out of school for a year and working in the biotech industry. I was wondering if it is important for me to emphasize my work experience in my personal statement or to explain why I have waited a year before applying for pharmacy.

Also, does anyone know which schools are more geared towards research..other than UCSD.

Research oriented schools: UCSF, Maryland, VCU/MCV, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, UIC....Lots of them around.