Personal Statement Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peru 1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is David Casal and I just finished by junior year at Rutgers New Brunswick. I currently have a 3.582 total GPA and Science GPA of 3.53. I will like to tell you more about myself. I was born in Lima, Peru and moved into the United States when I was little. It was hard for me and my twin brother to adapt to this new culture and language but with the help our our family we were able to overcome that obstacle. After my grandmother passed away when I was going into 8th grade, I discovered my passion for the sciences. I was curious as to how she passed away which is why i decided to major in Biology to find out more answers. I was fascinated with my Rubik's cube which is why I decided to pursue Dentistry due to the spatial and manual dexterity I used when solving the cube. As a minority who saw the amount of poverty and lack of health and dental care in Peru, my goal is to give back to my country and educate minorities about the importance of dental care not only in Peru, but throughout the world, especially in the developing countries.
I recently took my DAT exam 2 weeks ago and scored a 23 AA with a 24 TS. Here are my scores per section:
Biology 21
Chemistry 28
Organic Chemistry 27
PAT 22
Reading Comprehension 19
Quantitative Reasoning 20
TS 24
AA 23
I plan to apply this cycle with the hopes of getting into as many schools as possible and eventually helping many people, especially immigrants and minorities and citizens living in developing countries like Peru. I just finished my personal statement and I will like to know if you are interested in revising my statement. I received some feedback from sdn readers and I will like more feedback from other readers as well. If needed, I can send you my resume to show all of my activities I have done as well as my DAT score for proof. Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

My apologies for my previous comment. I would recommend going to readers listed by artist 2022 in order to ensure the confidentiality of your personal statement. These reviewers are the one who already got accepted in previous cycles so they may provide better feedback. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Feel free to message me, fellow Peruvian here. Can give you a few pointers

Hello everyone, my name is David Casal and I just finished by junior year at Rutgers New Brunswick. I currently have a 3.582 total GPA and Science GPA of 3.53. I will like to tell you more about myself. I was born in Lima, Peru and moved into the United States when I was little. It was hard for me and my twin brother to adapt to this new culture and language but with the help our our family we were able to overcome that obstacle. After my grandmother passed away when I was going into 8th grade, I discovered my passion for the sciences. I was curious as to how she passed away which is why i decided to major in Biology to find out more answers. I was fascinated with my Rubik's cube which is why I decided to pursue Dentistry due to the spatial and manual dexterity I used when solving the cube. As a minority who saw the amount of poverty and lack of health and dental care in Peru, my goal is to give back to my country and educate minorities about the importance of dental care not only in Peru, but throughout the world, especially in the developing countries.
I recently took my DAT exam 2 weeks ago and scored a 23 AA with a 24 TS. Here are my scores per section:
Biology 21
Chemistry 28
Organic Chemistry 27
PAT 22
Reading Comprehension 19
Quantitative Reasoning 20
TS 24
AA 23
I plan to apply this cycle with the hopes of getting into as many schools as possible and eventually helping many people, especially immigrants and minorities and citizens living in developing countries like Peru. I just finished my personal statement and I will like to know if you are interested in revising my statement. I received some feedback from sdn readers and I will like more feedback from other readers as well. If needed, I can send you my resume to show all of my activities I have done as well as my DAT score for proof. Thank you very much
Feel free to message!