Personal Statement for DFW Schools (TWU, UNT, UTSW)

Started by luxsit90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luxsit90

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any advice for writing personal statements for these schools? I guess the obvious answer is what makes them 'tick.' Like TWU does a ton of mission work and developed the Hearts in Motion program. Does anyone have examples of something like this to mention in essays for UTSW and UNT? Or just advice about what they're looking for in general?

Thanks!
 
I did not do any mission work just the required observations. I applied to TWU and UNT and got into both. My personal statement was focused on why I wanted to become a PT, what I learned during my observations and my future contributions to the profession.