Personal statement for special masters program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS0105

Reaction score
For my personal statement for my special masters program, should I write about how I am doing a masters in bms or medical science because I want to do it as a record enhancer? Or should I just stick to writing about my experiences and why I would be a biomedical scientist.

should i mention that dentisty is my end goal?

Members don't see this ad.

Write about whatever the prompt tells you. Usually its "why do you want to attend X program" or " how will X program contribute to you current career goal/path, etc" Just be honest, you know yourself better than any random person on the internet knows you.

Good luck.

Hey! So since it is an SMP, they know that their students ultimate goal is medical school, dental school, PA school etc. For my personal statement I emphasized how the program will be an excellent opportunity for me to enhance and increase my knowledge and better prepare me for my ultimate goal of going into dental school. Also, mention something that the program offers that you like - it will show you have looked into the program seriously. For example, if there is a research component; talk about how you look forward in pursuing a research project during your masters (mention a specific research topic you are interested in) and how you are prepared to pursue research due to your past experience as a research assistant. Good luck! :)