Personal Statement - Harsh Assessments Appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoopKid

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

As a likely re-applicant, I'd really appreciate having a couple of eyes view my Personal Statement from this previous cycle and giving me some honest criticism. Tone, Theme, Grammar, all of it! I think a more polished/centered PS would have a positive impact on my odds in 2021-2022.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

As a likely re-applicant, I'd really appreciate having a couple of eyes view my Personal Statement from this previous cycle and giving me some honest criticism. Tone, Theme, Grammar, all of it! I think a more polished/centered PS would have a positive impact on my odds in 2021-2022.

Thank you in advance!
Based on your signature, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your PS. You only submitted 3 secondaries and received one II, which is a far higher success rate than most. If you really want to have a positive impact on your odds in 2021-22, you'll submit between 20-30 secondaries.

Reactions: 1 users
Based on your signature, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your PS. You only submitted 3 secondaries and received one II, which is a far higher success rate than most. If you really want to have a positive impact on your odds in 2021-22, you'll submit between 20-30 secondaries.
There are a number of things I'll be doing differently, including what you mentioned above and submitting far earlier. I'd still like to polish my PS though - if I'm going to reapply I mine as well maximize that window to the fullest!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can PM me, also would be helpful if you could give me a bullet list of who you are demographically and anything that makes you or your application unique. I'm OMS-1 and was an English major before I switched to Biochem. I can give you a paragraph or two of feedback.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!

Thank you in advance!
I would be willing to review it if you send me it!