blee321

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2003
50
0
36
Visit site
Status
Hello, I am a rising senior at barnard college and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at my personal statement. I would appreciate any feedback or revisions! Thanks!

Please PM me or email me :)

[email protected]

Sincerely,
Samantha :luck:
 

notdeadyet

Still in California
Moderator
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
11,737
1,901
Status
Attending Physician
Samantha- I'm sure you'll get a frew takers to read your personal statement here. Folks are good that way.

I'd recommend having them PM you. Things called spiders constantly pour through web communities like SDN looking for email addresses. Once they're collected, they're distributed to all of the spammers out there. Once you post your email address on a board like this, you can get a flood of junkmail.

You can set up your SDN account to send an email to your gmail account whenever someone PMs you.
 

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
316
1
34
Status
Medical Student
Hold on a second, your name is Samantha but you say you are male in your profile... I am confused. :)
 
About the Ads

Creightonite

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2003
705
5
Visit site
Status
I think a few years back we had a whole list of poeple willing to read someone else PS. I will be more comfortable sending mine to someone who is already accepted to med school, not a current/future appicant; otherwise, it is a conflict of interest of some sort.
 

slee321

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
8
0
Status
Pre-Medical
The profile thing - A friend of mine who applied to med school two years ago told me about this site because I was looking for someone to read over my personal statement. I signed up but couldnt post yet so he posted for me.

The personal statement thing - I also would prefer someone who has already applied to medical school to read mine.

Thanks,
Sam
 

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
3,596
2
On SDN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
slee321 said:
The profile thing - A friend of mine who applied to med school two years ago told me about this site because I was looking for someone to read over my personal statement. I signed up but couldnt post yet so he posted for me.

The personal statement thing - I also would prefer someone who has already applied to medical school to read mine.

Thanks,
Sam
You went from blee321 to slee321??? Interesting.
 

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
316
1
34
Status
Medical Student
Hold on something fishy may be going on here... lol good eye.
 

CheerfulEnergy

Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
49
0
The Hoosier State
Status
I can take one or two....just PM it to me! Not in med school yet (hopefully soon! ;) ), but I can write....have the (writing) stats to back it up....
 

dsh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2005
220
1
I would be happy to read a statement. Granted, I'm not a medical student, but I think I'm a decent writer and at least have a decent shot at admission. Some SDNers this application cycle read mine--the least I could do is return the favor.
 

slee321

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
8
0
Status
Pre-Medical
str8flexed said:
Hold on something fishy may be going on here... lol good eye.
Nothing fishy I promise. I was just stressed out when I was making the account - couldn't even think of a sn so I just used his basicly - but changed the first letter. I know crazy, but I didnt feel like thinking.

Thanks for all the offers for help. As soon as a figure out how to PM you I will.

Sam :luck:
 

HMSNeuro

Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
93
17
Status
blee321 said:
Hello, I am a rising senior at barnard college and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a look at my personal statement. I would appreciate any feedback or revisions! Thanks!

Please PM me or email me :)

[email protected]

Sincerely,
Samantha :luck:
PM me...
 
About the Ads