Personal Statement Help!

Started by ktbur
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ktbur

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm currently finishing up my personal statement but am having trouble explaining the reason as to why I decided to pursue dentistry instead of becoming a physician. I was initially a pre-med but after shadowing and witnessing the amount of stress and work that physicians go through, I decided that I wanted a career where I could have a more balanced lifestyle. Of course, I also enjoy working with my hands and I love the artistic aspect of dentistry.

My question is: Would the ad-coms think poorly if I stated that one of the reasons why I chose dentistry instead of medicine is because I want a more balanced lifestyle that has less stress?

I feel as though they might think I'm copping out :shrug:
 
While you are at it, why not go into the reasons you did not choose vet, chiro, pods, pharmacy, fireman, policeman, prima ballerina, etc.