Personal Statement Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MustaphaMond

El Gran Chojiji
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending the G'town SMP this year. I am currently working on my AMCAS and trying to figure out how to include something about the SMP in my PS. I already listed all the courses I will be taking as "future courses" but I think saying something in the PS will further help to draw attention to the SMP grades. I could PM what I have so far if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

MustaphaMond said:
I will be attending the G'town SMP this year. I am currently working on my AMCAS and trying to figure out how to include something about the SMP in my PS. I already listed all the courses I will be taking as "future courses" but I think saying something in the PS will further help to draw attention to the SMP grades. I could PM what I have so far if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance.

Mustapha,

Looking forward to meeting you in August. I was advised to mention the SMP in my PS as well as listing future courses. What was suggested to me was to basically mention it as what I am doing now: tell about the SMP, describe what it is and how it will help me. It was recommended that I take a few sentences (3-4) to do this.

I would be happy to look at your PS, if you would like. I have to caution you, however: clearly, I did not gain acceptance to a med school this past year, so I don't know how helpful my help would be.