personal statement help!

Started by gbigdawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gbigdawg

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

So I've been working on my personal statement for a while now, and I think I've finally come up with a completed draft. Here's a rough outline of what is included:

1. Interest in Neurology throughout undergrad and med school
2. undergrad - Neuro major
3. first year Neuro course experience
4. enjoyed studying neuro dz even in non-neuro clerkships
5. loved neuro clerkship
6. exposed to clinical neuro research early in 4th year
7. why neuro fits with my career goals

Is there anything else I should add? If anyone has the time/heart/etc to read the full personal statement, PM me and I'd love some feedback....thanks for the help everyone!
 
How about what you can bring to the program...that's what I missed out on when I was first making mine. Good luck to us!