Personal Statement Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentvp97

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i am brand new to SDN and need some help with my personal statement. Is there anyone that would be willing to read it and give some feedback on what i should add/take out or if it is even what they are looking for. It needs a LOT of work. Can anyone help me? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi i am brand new to SDN and need some help with my personal statement. Is there anyone that would be willing to read it and give some feedback on what i should add/take out or if it is even what they are looking for. It needs a LOT of work. Can anyone help me? thanks

Hello, welcome to SDN, I was in your position about a year ago. But from writing alot and actually having a flair for writing, I can tell you my experiences. Your PS (personal statement) needs to demonstrate who you are as a person and provide details to show why you are interested in Dentistry i.e academic background, volunteering, shadowing etc. You must demonstrate that you have a good understanding of what Dentistry is and give a compelling reason to want to be a dentist. You need to grab the attention of the reader off jump or it will be a wasted effort. Also grammatical errors and punctuation problems including syntax and spelling errors must be limited or eliminated. If you need more help search through the forums and you will find tons of posts on the same issue. Good luck. Hope that helped some.:)