personal statement help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothbrushpjs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used a company to help write or edit your personal statement? I know what I want to put in it, I just need help getting it all together etc.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

what's the "question" or "topic" of the personal statement?

If someone else writes a ps for you would it still qualify as a personal statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why dont you just write your personal statement and refine it until you like it and then run it past a few people to get their opinion. One being someone close to you and perhaps a professor. Why on earth would you use a company? Its just a personal statement. Just write it yourself and dont over-analyze it.

i agree with sfrice8! write everything you want to say and then read it and trim it down... have a few ppl read it and give you their honest opinion (you have to be open to be criticized)... that's how i did it... My friend used a company to write his essay for him and let me tell you it was crap! He used the same thing twice (he apply to 2 cycles) and didnt even get close to getting an interview! I told him he should change stuff on it but he didnt listen! They are very generic and have no soul... what the company does is they "interview" you (they sent u a questionnaire and have you answer the questions) and based on your responses they write your "personal statement" ...

If you are 10000% that dentistry is your thing you should be okay writing it on your own!

Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone has used a company to help write or edit your personal statement? I know what I want to put in it, I just need help getting it all together etc.
Thanks!
Universities have writing centers where they pay top English students and several professors to help revise papers. You could take it to them if you are still in school.

what is the exact prompt for Aadsaas and tmdassas (if anyone knows)

also what is the word limit?

i believe the prompt is still the same.

Why Dentistry?

and the limit is 4500 characters including spaces.

note I said characters not words.

Is that always the topic? Why dentistry?

Universities have writing centers where they pay top English students and several professors to help revise papers. You could take it to them if you are still in school.

great advice :thumbup:
I just called up my school and WALAH, they do have a writing center and its designed to help students polish up their writings.