Personal Statement- Include Indentations?

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2005
  1. Dental Student
    Hi, so I spent a couple hours trimming my personal statement down to just under 4500 characters (4496), but this is without indenting the beginning of each paragraph. Do we need to indent the paragraphs?

Epictetus21

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    May 1, 2008
    1. Dentist
      Hi, so I spent a couple hours trimming my personal statement down to just under 4500 characters (4496), but this is without indenting the beginning of each paragraph. Do we need to indent the paragraphs?

I didn't, I just put an extra line in between paragraphs. That way they are separated, but you use 1 character per paragraph instead of 5. I think that when you save your essay the AADSAS word processor rejustifies it and removes the indentations anyway.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 8, 2005
      1. Dental Student
        I didn't, I just put an extra line in between paragraphs. That way they are separated, but you use 1 character per paragraph instead of 5. I think that when you save your essay the AADSAS word processor rejustifies it and removes the indentations anyway.

Yea, nvrmnd, youre right, it just removes the indentations anyways. Thanks everyone. APP is finally done! (funny thing is I spent a month stalling my application becuase I couldn't start my PS...then I started yesterday and finished it within 5 hours...wish I could've done this a month ago)

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.