Personal Statement- Include Indentations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

americanpierg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I spent a couple hours trimming my personal statement down to just under 4500 characters (4496), but this is without indenting the beginning of each paragraph. Do we need to indent the paragraphs?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, so I spent a couple hours trimming my personal statement down to just under 4500 characters (4496), but this is without indenting the beginning of each paragraph. Do we need to indent the paragraphs?

I didn't, I just put an extra line in between paragraphs. That way they are separated, but you use 1 character per paragraph instead of 5. I think that when you save your essay the AADSAS word processor rejustifies it and removes the indentations anyway.

I didn't, I just put an extra line in between paragraphs. That way they are separated, but you use 1 character per paragraph instead of 5. I think that when you save your essay the AADSAS word processor rejustifies it and removes the indentations anyway.

Yea, nvrmnd, youre right, it just removes the indentations anyways. Thanks everyone. APP is finally done! (funny thing is I spent a month stalling my application becuase I couldn't start my PS...then I started yesterday and finished it within 5 hours...wish I could've done this a month ago)