Personal Statement Lenght?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eldirty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many characters are your personal statements? I have 3600 ... is that too short?

Members don't see this ad.

4500 characters including spaces

Ha, I think mine was under 1000 and I talked about how I love my dog and Mexican food. Don't fret, from what most people say they don't even read these things. After writing a statement that goofy not a single admissions person in 8 interviews brought it up. Just make sure it's well written, concise, and to the point. Think of how many 5000 character sob stories these admissions guys have to read everyday about how people have wanted to be a dentist since age 4 after a tricylce accident and how they want to help people while being in a profession that lets them control a business and the amount of hours they work to better be a family man or woman. It's all manufactured BS. Why do you think so many schools make you write an essay when you get there? Any guy can write a perfectly edited essay from home.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha, I think mine was under 1000 and I talked about how I love my dog and Mexican food. Don't fret, from what most people say they don't even read these things. After writing a statement that goofy not a single admissions person in 8 interviews brought it up. Just make sure it's well written, concise, and to the point. Think of how many 5000 character sob stories these admissions guys have to read everyday about how people have wanted to be a dentist since age 4 after a tricylce accident and how they want to help people while being in a profession that lets them control a business and the amount of hours they work to better be a family man or woman. It's all manufactured BS. Why do you think so many schools make you write an essay when you get there? Any guy can write a perfectly edited essay from home.

are you serious? lots of people say personal statement weighs something...

Ha, I think mine was under 1000 and I talked about how I love my dog and Mexican food.

:eek: I would personally not recommend this to anyone.

However with 8 interviews, you sure did something right!

Classic! Maybe Ill talk about Vietnamese food? Who cares about GPA and DAT score? The ticket into dental school all along has been food! :D