personal statement length

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsexie

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i just got round to completing my essay and guess what,, i always thot my essay was too short and then i find out i have 5004 characters and its meant to be 4500!!!!!!!! dang dang dang , ok panic over , so now i have to take out some stuffs from my essay:mad:, wish me luck!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same situation...except that I was wayyyy over. I think i had 6500 total characters or something like that, but it was pretty easy to find a lot of unnecessary crap that could be taken out.

Members don't see this ad :)
so i just got round to completing my essay and guess what,, i always thot my essay was too short and then i find out i have 5004 characters and its meant to be 4500!!!!!!!! dang dang dang , ok panic over , so now i have to take out some stuffs from my essay:mad:, wish me luck!

haha been there =P
it can be done! good luck~

Good luck. Make sure to look for redundancy... for instance "the bear, the cat, the dog, and the mouse" can become "the bear, cat, dog, and mouse." There, that cut out three words and about twelve characters.

I'm running into the same problem! I'm at about 4600. I've been using two spaces between sentences, which I have always been taught is correct, but I read on one of the pre-med threads that they say not to do that for your PS. It would save me probably around 30 characters. Anyone have any opinions on this?? I don't want them to think I didn't pay attention in keyboarding class. :laugh:

What helped me cut down my word count was eliminating all of the "fluff". Meaning that if a sentence is not completely needed then you should remove it. All 4500 characters should be of 100% quality.

Last edited:
How much can we write on Pharmcas application?

so it won't allow to write any more than 4500 characters?

Yes, 4500 characters is the limit. Paste an old essay you wrote into the box, and if it is over 4500 characters you will see that the application system will not allow you to save it.