Personal Statement/LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is the time where I guess I'm supposed to be writing the Personal Statement alongside collecting the LOR's.

By what date do you guys think I should be 100% done with my personal statement and have my LOR's ready to go?

Members don't see this ad.

So this is the time where I guess I'm supposed to be writing the Personal Statement alongside collecting the LOR's.

By what date do you guys think I should be 100% done with my personal statement and have my LOR's ready to go?

June 3, the first day you can submit your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
2-3 weeks from now or 2-3 weeks before June 3rd?

Why wait?

Have the application in the first week.

Start the personal statement now.

Talk to your professors that will write the LOR. June is a tricky time. School is out, people love to say things that they will never do, professors get busy and forget, if anything can go wrong- it will, excuses, etc..

During my interview quest, several faculty commented on my submission date. They thought that submitting early shows, dedication, punctual, and that you have been playing on applying to dental school and have done your research.

I already have one of the LOR's down. The other is going to be self-written on my professor's behalf. The Personal Statement hasn't been written. I just hope to get everything worked out.