Personal Statement - Mention Reapplying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MB111

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
should I mention that ii'm a re-applicant in my personal statement?

will that make it sound like i suck cuz i didn't get in anywhere the first time...or will it make me sound determined?

has anyone mentioned this and gotten good impression/gotten accepted?

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

should I mention that ii'm a re-applicant in my personal statement?

will that make it sound like i suck cuz i didn't get in anywhere the first time...or will it make me sound determined?

has anyone mentioned this and gotten good impression/gotten accepted?

thanks!!

I got in this year as a reapplicant, and I definitely mentioned that i was reapplying and how it had changed me / my view of dentistry. Mention things that have changed since the previous year. I think i mentioned that I worked in Bio tech and after the experience I was completely sure that I would never want to pursue a phD or Masters. I also continued to volunteer with my dentist and takes more classes for D school. If you are reapplying to the same schools, they will know anyway so might as well talk about how you are a better candidate this year.

I was a reapplicant and mentioned reapplying in my PS. In my experience being a reapplicant shows a lot of commitment to the field and dental schools look on it favorably. They know that not everyone is going to get in on the first try! Remember to highlight how you've improved your application (for me it was including my senior year grades and doing some dental research) and reaffirm your dedicate to your chosen profession. Good luck!