earlybunny84

10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am currently working on writing my personal statement for medical school. Does anyone know of any good books, websites, other sources to help?

Any information is much appreciated.

KurdishMD

Kurds love everyone
10+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Dear future Doctor,

First look at your experience and who you are. Do not write about why medicine. But write you and your expereinces

They want to know you as a person and they will make the decision if you good for them.

anxioushiker

10+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Dear future Doctor,

First look at your experience and who you are. Do not write about why medicine. But write you and your expereinces

They want to know you as a person and they will make the decision if you good for them.

Exactly. I would also add that you better get it done quick! (assuming you're going for 2008)

About the Ads

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Dear future Doctor,

You have to answer the question "Why Medicine?". That's the whole point of the PS. Writing about your experiences is meaningless unless you relate it back to your interest in the profession.

Booter008

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Erie
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
OP, check Amazon.com for some books to help with the writing process. It's tough to find something online because sites like Google are full of services trying to make money. Talk to your writing lab if you have one at your university...they were really helpful when I wrote mine. Good luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.