Personal Statement -- Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

earlybunny84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on writing my personal statement for medical school. Does anyone know of any good books, websites, other sources to help?

Any information is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear future Doctor,

First look at your experience and who you are. Do not write about why medicine. But write you and your expereinces

They want to know you as a person and they will make the decision if you good for them.

Dear future Doctor,

First look at your experience and who you are. Do not write about why medicine. But write you and your expereinces

They want to know you as a person and they will make the decision if you good for them.

Exactly. I would also add that you better get it done quick! (assuming you're going for 2008)

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear future Doctor,

You have to answer the question "Why Medicine?". That's the whole point of the PS. Writing about your experiences is meaningless unless you relate it back to your interest in the profession.

OP, check Amazon.com for some books to help with the writing process. It's tough to find something online because sites like Google are full of services trying to make money. Talk to your writing lab if you have one at your university...they were really helpful when I wrote mine. Good luck.